Assuming that the United States is responsible for 25% of that, then if the United States stopped manufacturing everything, and all stopped breathing tomorrow, the Earth would have about 1% less carbon dioxide emitted each year.
Did you know that only about 10% of the polar ice caps are melting, and the other 90% are actually getting bigger? You don’t hear that on the news, and you certainly don’t hear that from Al Gore, the biggest propagandist since Hitler.
I’m quite sure I’ve said on here before that if we mess up the Earth, the Earth will kill us… I have a lot more faith in our ecosystem than to think we could actually kill it. But the fact of the matter is, all this retarded talk about being “carbon neutral” and saving the Earth are must moronic. Today on talk radio, a stat was introduced that the Kyoto Accord, supposedly a huge international initiative to save the environment… well, it barely makes a dent in our 4%.
We in the United States who have trouble believing that a smokestack on a power plant is going to destroy the Earth are looked upon with disdain by the “enlightened” Europeans. However, the scientific community is sharply divided on whether global warming is even actually happening. A bunch of scientists say it is, and a bunch of scientists say it’s just a weather cycle (notably, the head of meteorology at MIT), and the Earth has been having cycles for thousands of years.
I’m not saying we should pollute and be retards without any thought of future generations. I’m a an advocate for promoting alternative fuels… but 99% of my desire to have a hydrogen car is the desire to be Middle East Neutral… not to be carbon neutral.
Al Gore says we should all be carbon neutral. So if we drive a pickup truck, we should plant trees and change our lightbulbs to make up the difference. Al Gore has a 20 bedroom mansion with an indoor heated pool. Al Gore flies to every event in a private jet. Al Gore, when asked how he could talk about being carbon neutral said, “Well, I changed all my light bulbs.”
To think we can destroy or save the environment with our relatively puny influence is one of the most arrogant things I can even fathom. Al Gore preaching about being carbon neutral when he’s consuming 100 times the fossil energy of the average American, that’s just plain hypocrisy.
Perhaps people will take note of his hypocrisy and he’ll end up ruining the efforts of ecojihadists everywhere. How inconvenient.