Weekend Update

Just when I thought Abby couldn’t possibly have any more problems, I found out today she has tapeworms. Talk about nasty. She has to go back to the vet tomorrow and get a shot. Fun. I’m sure it will be another 100 bucks, too. It’s a good thing I’m a giver…

She’s very sweet, though. She already settled down with the biting and snapping. I was going to have to have myself committed if she didn’t stop trying to tear my pants off of me every time I walked in. Why can’t some sexy babe do that? Why is it only a dog that is so happy to see me that she tears my clothes off? It doesn’t seem right at all. Well, enough about her. On to the rest of my entry.

I apologize for being so slow to update this past week or so. I’ve been incredi-busy with things, not to mention the daily trips to the vet. I will try to do better this week.

Friday I took Abby over to my parents house so she could play with “my adorable little sister®” Abby seemed intent on eating a half-finished dress filled with pins. She’s not exactly a brain child, if you know what I mean.

Saturday I was supposed to have a hot date but unfortunately didn’t. My date couldn’t make it, so I called around trying my “emergency dates” to try and use the ticket (dinner theater tickets are not cheap, so it would be a crime to waste them, besides, I really wanted to go.) I know, it’s pathetic that I have an “emergency date” list, but when you get stood up frequently, it’s important so that you don’t end up sitting somewhere alone. Trust me, there’s nothing more embarrassing than sitting alone at a table for two. Been there, done that. In fact, one time, I got stood up, and the waitress felt so sorry for me, she started talking to me, sat down, and ended up giving me her number. I guess it was nice of her, but it kind of felt like a pity move, so I never called her.

ANYWAY, as I called around, I realized that my normal “emergency dates” were all out of town. Even Jennyanydots, who always seems happy to enjoy a good musical, was out of town this weekend. And my sister (the older one) was in Boston, so I was up a creek… until I called my mom. Yes, good old mom. She dropped everything and met me at the dinner theater. We got there late, about halfway through dinner, but we still had time to eat, and we had a grand time. The musical was great, and it’s true that all’s well that ends well. The tickets weren’t wasted, and it was fun to go out with my mom.
Today I met my family for lunch at P.F. Chang’s, which is a fantastic Chinese place on The Plaza®. After that, I rushed home to meet my friend Margaret. She came over for a while, and brought her one year old baby. (Actually, her birthday is 1 day before mine) I love her… she’s so adorable, and she’s got a good personality. She gives kisses on command. Sweet! Anyway, we had a good time and baby got to meet Abby. She giggled like crazy every time Abby would lick her hand. It was cute.

My buddy Matt was going to come over tonight to hang out, but he sang in a musical today, and was really tired, so we rescheduled for later in the week. (Yes, he has a fantastic, classically trained voice.) Tomorrow night is the Chiefs game, and I will be there with bells on. Or, at least my Priest Holmes jersey. I think Margaret is going to be there with her “new boyfriend” so maybe we will hang out and watch the Chiefs kick some pathetic Ram booty. I can’t wait.

Till we meet again.