Since everything I’ve written lately has been heavy and philosophical, I’ve decided to have a lighter post today. This post is actually titled “The Top 10 Reasons 2012 is better than 2011” but that title was too long for WordPress.
10. Instead of my debt increasing by $3,000 a month, it’s decreasing by $3,000 a month.
9. When I have a long day at work, I have a peaceful, loving home to go to.
8. My blood pressure is so much lower than it was in 2011 that I almost never get headaches anymore, which used to be a daily occurrence.
7. I moved back to my birth state of Missouri, and yes, I do want you to SHOW ME.
6. I’m trying new things almost ever day. “Yes” is the new “no”.
5. My wedding ring is beautiful, made of a precious metal, and thoughtfully engraved inside instead of being a crudely harvested slice from a stainless steel pipe in a plumber’s van, purchased for $0.01 on eBay.
4. I go to a church that challenges and convicts me.
3. I no longer get winded walking into the house from my car, thanks to working out and eating right.
2. In 2011 I was sure I’d die childless, in 2012 I have a 7 year old who loves me.
1. 2011: Wife that thought I was a stupid idiot and hated me. 2012: Wife that knows I’m a doofus and loves me BECAUSE I’m HER doofus.
And seriously, that’s all for today. I’m sure I’ll go back to waxing on incessantly tomorrow.