So after yesterday’s little announcement, Jenna and I generated quite the traffic jam at our respective sites. She, of course, got 3 times the comments that I did. I would be bitter, but she’s much better looking than me, so it’s ok.
Did any of you hear about the Michael Moore film clips that were found in Al Queso training materials? Apparently Al Queso is using liberal garbage produced by spin doctor Moore to rally more support against America. Moore is worse than a liberal. He is an extremist left-wing communist nut in every sense of the word. He gives liberals a bad name. Not that he has to try real hard, considering the recent epidemic of libs throwing pies at conservative speakers. And they accuse the conservatives of having weak arguments. Sheesh.
I have long contended that if “W” had gone in on 9/12/2001 with nukes and obliterated a middle eastern country, he would have had the support of about 90% of Americans… namely, all the Americans that are patriots. The other 10% still would have whined that we should talk it out with the terrorists. Maybe have a pot luck or something so they’ll see the error of their ways. Work with me here… try to remember how you felt as you watched those towers fall on 9/11. You know you wanted someone to go kick some middle-eastern butt. Don’t try to deny it.
The problem that “W” had, was he waited way to stinking long, and then he did it in an anticlimactic way. By the time he invaded Afghanistan, the emotion of 9/11 was starting to fade. Now, I know what some of you will say… “Incredipete, you shouldn’t make decisions like that when you’re emotional.” However, I beg to differ. Sometimes the most important decisions we ever make are because we’re emotional. Someone deserved to die for what happened on 9/11. Personally, I think it was the Saudis, but hey, I don’t make the call. If they’d put it up to a vote on 9/12, the overwhelming majority would have supported ANY military action.
Bush was a fool to wait as long as he did, and he was a fool for going after the wrong people. At some point, you have to take a long, hard look at your allies and see if they really are… Saudi Arabia calls us when they feel threatened, they use up our resources, and then they shaft us with oil prices. And all the while, they raise up extremist, jihadist nutjobs. It’s time we acknowledge that the problem isn’t about oil.
That’s right. It’s not about oil. It’s not about democracy. It’s not about liberation. It’s about a violent religion… a religion with it’s roots in war and repression. They claim it is a religion of peace, but history tells a different story. There is no way to stop the threat of terror as long as Islam continues to grow.
Disclaimer: I am not implying that we should try to stop the growth of Islam, or try to kill of Muslims. I am merely making a point about the nature of Islam, and the nature of the world in which we all must live.