The 2012 election is coming up in a few minutes and the race is heating up. A close look at the candidates makes you realize that whatever your belief system and whatever your socio-economic situation, you will be screwed no matter which candidate wins.
That’s because in America, our two-party system is retarded and ridiculous. On the one hand we have Obama, a man who was elected with ZERO executive experience and a very specific agenda, which oddly didn’t include the economy which was hosed when he got to the White House. On the other hand we have Romney, a flip-flopping manipulator who changes his stance on any topic on any given day to suit the audience he’s talking to. Romney put in an “Obamacare” type program in Massachusetts years ago.
Romney has a proven track record of being at worst a liar, and at best someone who is CLUELESS about what he actually believes. Obama has a track record of being truthful about the crazy stuff he wants to do, but no one seems to believe that he’ll actually do it. The end result is if Romney is president he’ll do stuff we don’t want him to do but he’ll lie straight to our faces about it, or if Obama is president he’ll do stuff we don’t want him to do that he SAID he WOULD do and everyone will act shocked that he did it.
Either way we’re gonna get what we don’t want.
That’s why my suggestion is as follows:
1. Don’t watch the news or listen to talk radio. It will upset you and make no difference.
2. Pay off your debt as soon as you can because we are about to get hit with massive inflation.
3. Budget extra money for health care starting in 2014 so you can buy a private insurance policy when your employer drops group coverage.
4. Save for retirement, but don’t expect to get to retire… inflation will eat up most of your savings and all of your social security (if it even exists still when you retire). “Here’s your social security check… sadly it will only buy a gumball.”
5. Don’t expect the government to fix anything or help you. God helps those that help themselves.
I’m not at all being cynical. It’s reality unless something drastic happens in the next few years, like an independent candidate with a LOT of moxy winning the presidency. The best you can do is be prepared to fend for yourself and ignore everything they are doing in Washington. No point in losing any sleep over it.
And no… you should not elect Ron Paul, you weirdos. Obama and Romney suck, but at least they won’t accidentally blow up the planet. No schizophrenics should be allowed to hold the nuclear launch codes. Just saying.