And once again, I’m belated with my annual holiday posts. That’s partly because I suck, partly because other people suck, and partly because I’ve been having quite the awesome time the past few days thanks to someone who… well, knows who she is.
I didn’t have any resolutions for 2011, probably because I was too busy working 7 jobs and leading worship for a church. I was slightly swamped. If I’d had resolutions for 2011, they probably would have included career goals, church goals, and perhaps a little personal financial goal-setting.
This year will be slightly different, in that most of my 2012 resolutions are personal.
1. I will not let past failures change me into anything that I’m not.
2. I will only spend time with people who are kind, caring, and compassionate.
3. I will fall for someone amazing.
4. I will trust like I’ve never been burned, but I’ll also listen to my friends’ sound advice (and not their stupid advice).
5. I will pay off every credit card and loan I have. In 2012. No excuses.
6. I will invest myself in people who appreciate it, and only them.
7. I will use my CPAP 95% of the time or more. That gives me a little leeway for when I fall asleep on the couch.
8. I will keep my house clean.
9. I will start cooking regularly again.
10. I will not drink Bud Light with my medication. Turns out that doesn’t go well.