As is my tradition, I will know reflect on last year’s resolutions and set new ones for 2010.
Last year, my resolutions were pretty basic. I resolved to get my blood pressure under control, which I accomplished via diet. Last year it was around 160/100, and as of this past Sunday, it was 120/82. And that was while I was sick. So yeah, mission accomplished.
I resolved to have my giant tax bill paid by the end of the year. Well, I paid it back in April. Mission accomplished. I resolved to go to at least 6 non-routine social events with Jenna. I more than accomplished that goal, albeit mostly in the past 4 months. I did prepare harder and make myself more interesting for the class I was teaching. I also decided not to teach again in 2010. 🙂 I also resolved to play outside with my dogs when the weather is nice, which I did.
Five for five. I’m not saying, I’m just saying.
Now for the 2010 resolutions:
1. I will pay off (In addition to my large tax bill) at least $10,000 in debt in 2010.
2. I will not buy things I do not legitimately need.
3. I will not postpone the surgery on my wrist despite my desire to do so.
4. I will only agree to do photo shoots I WANT to do.
5. I will start charging people for photography and web hosting/design enough that I actually make a little bit of money rather than just breaking even. It’s far too much work to do for “free.” (I know all my web customers just had a cold chill run up their spines)