It’s been quite a while since I kept this blog updated on a regular basis. That is for many reasons…
1. The blog was based on cynicism and bitterness and I haven’t been as cynical and bitter.
2. I got married and have been busy having a real life.
3. I am working for 6 different companies and volunteering at my church 15-20 hours a week to boot.
4. I stopped listening to political talk radio because it was giving me an ulcer.
5. A lot of my fellow blogging friends have dropped off the planet and the daily banter just wasn’t there anymore.
6. Everyone on Earth is using Twitter and Facebook to “blog” 140 characters at a time.
7. My family and church friends read here and that causes me to censor myself, which I don’t enjoy.
Those are the primary reasons for my non-notable absence. But at the end of the day, blogging is for me, not for you. So I’m getting back on the horse and I’ve got a new and improved mission statement for IncrediIncredipete (aka The Compassionate Conservative):
I will say whatever I want to without censoring myself because I am what I am, or as my wife says “I’m an adult, and I’ll do what I want.” At 33 years old, I feel comfortable expressing myself as cynically, sarcastically, and obnoxiously as I like, using as many bad words as are necessary to make my point. I will talk about whatever topics I want to, and I will argue with you in my comments until you cry like a little girl. If I think that killing abortionists is awesome, I will say so and I won’t apologize for it even if it REALLY upsets you. If I think Obama is a tool, I will say so EVEN if it means I end up on the NSA’s watch list.
When I first started blogging I ticked a lot of people off, and what it boils down it, is that I miss that aspect of blogging. If I’m not getting belligerent comments and random hate mail, I’m just not happy.
I haven’t decided exactly where I’ll start, but I’m considering my first obnoxious article topic of “Why Church Sucks.” I’m sure that will be a fun one. I also have plans for a “People Who Defend Abortion Rights are Mentally Retarded” and a “Rich People SHOULD Control Everything” post.
This is going to be awesome. So to reiterate:
I write obnoxious article.
You read obnoxious article and write angry comments.
I read your angry comments and laugh at how stupid and emotional you are.